Ubiquinone, also known as coenzyme Q10 or simply CoQ10, is an essential substance found in every cell of the human body. It is an important and versatile substance that plays multiple vital roles in the human body and can be beneficial to overall health and well-being. In this article we will focus on the role of ubiquinone in cosmetics.
What is ubiquinone?
Ubiquinone is a lipid substance found in every cell in the body and is essential for cellular energy production. CoQ10 plays a crucial role in the electron transport chain that occurs in the mitochondria of cells, where energy from food is converted into ATP, the molecule that cells use as a source of energy.
In addition to its role in energy production, CoQ10 also has antioxidant properties and may help protect cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. CoQ10 has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and may improve immune function.
In cosmetics, ubiquinone is a versatile ingredient used in many skin and hair care products due to its antioxidant, moisturising, strengthening and protective properties. These benefits help improve the health and appearance of skin and hair, making them look younger, healthier and more vibrant.
What happens to the skin when you apply Ubiquinone
When applied topically to the skin, ubiquinone can help protect skin cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals and other environmental factors, such as sun exposure and pollution. In addition, it improves collagen production in the skin, which increases firmness, elasticity and reduces the appearance of sagging skin.
Ubiquinone also improves skin hydration and reduces inflammation, which helps reduce the appearance of dry, flaky or irritated skin.
Function of Ubiquinone in cosmetics
The main function of ubiquinone within cosmetics is to act as an antioxidant, moisturiser, strengthener and protector of the skin and hair, which helps to improve their health and appearance.
Within the cosmetics industry, ubiquinone is used in a variety of products due to its skin and hair benefits. Some of the uses and benefits obtained from CoQ10 include:
- Anti-ageing: CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect skin cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Oxidative damage can cause premature skin ageing, which manifests itself in the form of wrinkles and sagging. In addition, CoQ10 can also help increase collagen production in the skin. Collagen is a protein that helps keep skin firm and elastic, so increasing its production can help reduce the appearance of sagging and wrinkles.
- Moisturising: It has moisturising properties that help reduce the appearance of dry, flaky skin. Dry skin is a common problem that can be caused by many factors, such as lack of hydration or environmental damage. CoQ10 helps retain moisture in the skin and reduce transepidermal water loss, which can help keep skin hydrated and soft.
- Hair strengthening: Helps strengthen hair and protect it from environmental damage. Hair can be damaged by factors such as heat, sun and hair chemicals. CoQ10 can help protect hair from this damage and strengthen it, which can make it look healthier and shinier.
- Skin protection: It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the skin and protect it from damage caused by free radicals and other environmental factors. Inflammation can be caused by many factors, such as sun exposure and pollution. CoQ10 can help reduce inflammation and protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, which can damage skin cells and accelerate ageing.
Reduction of ubiquinone in the body
The amount of ubiquinone in the human body decreases with age. The decline in ubiquinone is a natural process of ageing, and can start from the age of 30. However, the rate of decline can vary from person to person, and factors such as lifestyle, diet and genetics can also play a role.
Ubiquinone can also be affected by certain diseases and medications. For example, some cholesterol-lowering drugs can decrease the body’s production of ubiquinone.
Because ubiquinone plays an important role in cellular energy production and antioxidant protection, some experts have suggested that ubiquinone supplements may be beneficial for certain health conditions associated with ageing.
What foods have ubiquinone?
- Meat: especially organ meats such as liver and heart, but also lean meats such as chicken and beef.
- Fish: salmon, tuna, trout and mackerel.
- Seafood: crab and lobster.
- Vegetables: spinach, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Fruits: oranges and strawberries.
- Nuts: peanuts and pistachios.
It is important to note that the amount of ubiquinone in these foods can vary and can be affected by the way they are cooked or processed. For example, meat and fish may lose some ubiquinone during the cooking process.
In terms of supplements, ubiquinone can be taken as a dietary supplement in the form of capsules, tablets or oils. Ubiquinone supplements can be found in health food shops, pharmacies and online.
It is important to note that ubiquinone supplements are not regulated in the same way as medications, so it is important to carefully research quality and dosage before taking them.
Most popular products with Ubiquinone
- Olay Regenerist
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair
- Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream.
- Tony Moly Pureness 100 Sheet Mask
- The Face Shop Real Nature Mask
- Dr. Jart+ Shake & Shot Rubber Mask.
- Olay Regenerist
- Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic.
- Simpla 360
Simpla 360: is a high-tech skincare product containing deep-acting microcapsules called unispheres. These unispheres release highly concentrated active ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin, helping to delay and combat the signs of ageing by increasing collagen synthesis and improving skin texture. Each Simpla 360 microsphere contains: Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Bamboo Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptide Complex. It is one of the most complete products on the market that includes many active ingredients in a single serum.
Learn more about >> Simpla 360
DISCLAIMER: REVIEWMAX is a review site that provides information about products sold on the Internet. The information contained on this site is not a substitute for consultation with your health care professional. This site does not sell or manufacture any pharmaceutical products.